What is SharePoint?
SharePoint is a Microsoft information management and collaboration application. It comes as a cloud version with Office 365 subscription and also as an on-premise solution. The application has been around for a couple of decades and has gone through significant changes and enhancement over the time. The first version of SharePoint was released in 2000 , while the current on-premise version is SharePoint 2019 and the SharePoint Online.
Main Features of SharePoint
- Provides a platform to build an Intranet solution for the organization
- Provides a platform to Store, collaborate and share document
- Platform for organizational content publishing, including news, events and newletters
- Automate business process, with the use of lists, PowerApps and Power Automate solutions
- Platform for collaboration with external stakeholders, including vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Data publishing, including management reports with Power BI integration